As a personal trainer
I am more than happy to refer my clients to David for Osteopathic treatment...'
Sports activities are a regular way of life for many of us now & involve people from across all age groups from those who have an avid interest to those who just wish to keep fit; from the elite professional to the casual participant.
Many of the injuries are the result of overuse i.e. playing too hard & too often e.g. tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow & biceps tendinitis, or from not warming up properly beforehand or from not warming down after exercise.
PROFESSIONAL TREATMENTOpen or Close
SPORTS TREATMENTOpen or Close
It can help your muscles perform better & prevent sports injury.
• Muscle injuries will often heal more effectively with the treatment.
• Sports Therapy is a specialty of techniques that focuses specifically on assisting the training process, preventing injury & aiding the healing process when injuries do occur.
REHABILITATIONOpen or Close
Successful rehabilitation is a shared and established goal, of treatment with David.
• There is no doubt that treatment is successful in alleviating pain, however as a professional Osteopath, David recognises that patients require support to prevent relapse.
• Preventative education, is provided further too his detailed understanding, using rehabilitation retraining, appropriate for you sport.
• By using appropriate training modalities to encourage/challenge the posture, nervous system & muscle/skeletal system.
• He can facilitate your body to become optimally balanced for sports functional movement & more.
• Rehabilitation sessions are tailor made, to your requirements, enabling full recovery of movement delivering power & control.
• David provides optimal clinical management integrating your motor & sensory function.
Osteopathy is very much a joint effort, between David & you.
Restoring better function & movement in sport, further to alleviating pain.
TRAINING TISSUE HEALTHOpen or Close
To prepare the body for peak performance.
SPORTS TREATMENT IMPROVES TRAINING
• Increasing blood flow through the tissues aiding recovery
• Allowing the athlete to train more effectively & safely
• Trigger point treatment, assists the removal of waste products, avoiding tissue distress.
• Facilitate tissues with essential nutrients, to aid recovery
ANTI FATIGUE - POST TRAININGOpen or Close
After event to drain wastes away & restore a proper level of oxygen in the muscles & promote relaxation. Again it works vigorously & deeply into the tissues of the body.
TRIGGER POINTSOpen or Close
Trigger points involve a self-perpetuating cycle, (pain leading to increased tone causing more pain), & will almost never deactivate, unless adequately treated.
It is usually associated with muscle spasm & is most often seen in the region of the neck.
Distressed tissues tend to involve a major degree of ischemia – inadequate blood and oxygen supply. 
Such tissues are a natural breeding ground for myofascial trigger points which are a major feature in all chronic, and much acute, musculoskeletal pain. 
While it is well-known that trigger points can produce pain, it is a less appreciated fact that trigger points also alter the function of the tissues to which they refer 
1. Baldry P. Acupuncture, Trigger Points and Musculoskeletal Pain. Churchill Livingstone. Edinburgh. 1993.
2. Wall PD and Melzack R (eds). Textbook of Pain. 2nd edition. Churchill Livingstone. Edinburgh. 1990.
3. Simons D, Travell J and Simons L. Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual. Vol 1. Upper half of body. 2nd edition. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore 1999
'he is committed to his patients and his goal is to address issues as quickly as possible'
David will explain to you what treatment you'll need, how to speed up your recovery & when you can return to your regular activities & sports.
He may prescribe special exercises together with treatment to increase your joint mobility & performance.
Together with stretching your muscle groups accordingly, strengthening weak muscles, to restore muscle balance.
‘I am now walking and living pain free for the first time in 3 years’
In regard to pain, David takes a thorough history with consultation, guiding his examination. This determines for any individual the quality, duration & origin of this condition, how it uniquely affects you & how best to provide treatment.