WORK & REPETITIVE STRESS & STRAIN
COMPUTERS PAINOpen or Close
Osteopathic perspective of Computer Use
Make your computer back-friendly
• If you use a laptop use a separate keyboard & mouse
• Take care with your chair
• Keep moving (Get up every 30 minutes)
Make your computer back-friendly Sitting badly in front of a computer for hours on end is storing up trouble
The body can tolerate being in one position for only a short period of time before you feel the need to adjust, your posture
Positioning monitor, keyboard and mouse correctly can help to ensure good computer posture & the proper chair is essential.
Repetition – performing the same movement over & over again, can also lead to muscle fatigue or injury, especially if your body is badly positioned.
WORK PAINOpen or Close
• David is skilled at discovering underlying causes of pain.
• Trained to have a thorough understanding of anatomy & physiology, he uses his hands to investigate & treat injuries to the ligaments, muscles and joints.
• Poor posture can contribute to daily aches & pains whether you lift heavy loads, sit at the PC incorrectly or drive for long periods.
David is available to assist in prevention, reducing the risk of Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
Which are the most common occupational illness in Great Britain.
• The pain and distress of a MSD (whether work-related or not) may have a huge impact on all aspects of an individual's life, which may also lead to depression & anxiety regarding their condition.
Absenteeism from employment may result in loss of income & a resulting increase in stress.
EMPLOYMENTOpen or Close
PAIN AT WORK
David's osteopathic treatment can help both the employee & therefore the employer.
• David facilitates rapid access to treatment preventing or reducing sickness absence & allow employees to benefit physically from early intervention.
• Treatment for the individual may also include guidance on work station ergonomics; postural advice; manual handling advice; self help exercises, & other management advice for reducing the risks of further future injuries.
• Osteopathy aims to relieve pain and improve mobility, function & general health, helping to keep you in gainful employment in as much of a safe & pain free condition as possible, allowing you to maintain a better quality of life.
WORK ABSENCEOpen or Close
WORK COSTSOpen or Close
• Musculoskeletal injuries such as back, muscle pain & repetitive strain injury (RSI) are the main causes of sickness absence.
• Back pain alone results in 120 million days' absence each year costing British Industry over £6 billion in lost production, with almost 75% of this due to time lost from work.
ASSESMENTSOpen or Close
I provide simple exercises that encourage some movement over the course of the day, so we can avoid you needing to visit the clinic repeatedly.
'he is committed to his patients and his goal is to address issues as quickly as possible'
David will explain to you what treatment you'll need, how to speed up your recovery & when you can return to your regular activities & sports.
He may prescribe special exercises together with treatment to increase your joint mobility & performance.
Together with stretching your muscle groups accordingly, strengthening weak muscles, to restore muscle balance.
‘I am now walking and living pain free for the first time in 3 years’
In regard to pain, David takes a thorough history with consultation, guiding his examination. This determines for any individual the quality, duration & origin of this condition, how it uniquely affects you & how best to provide treatment.